Tuesday, November 25, 2008

#22 - Digital Media - MOLDI

Good idea to include this exercise in the program. I've reviewed MOLDI several times in the past couple years - and think I get it - but then when a customer asks me a question - I'm at a loss since I don't use myself. And I even took one of the OverDrive webinar classes!
I was very happy to see the addition of iPod titles -- in fact I added a few to my wish list to borrow when Santa brings me one later this month. I see most of the iPod titles are classics -- which I will remember to refer students to when they are scrambling at the last minute to get an audio version of a reading list title. As it turns out, our daughter was looking for a copy of Great Expectations on CD just yesterday, and I put a hold on it for her via MOLDI today. Won't she be surprised?
Wish this exercise had come a little sooner in the program - since it is the only tool/resource in "Learn & Play" that I have ever been asked about. I know staff often are at a loss when asked. And for the staff who stopped midway through the program ... having this towards the end means they never saw it.

No comments: