Saturday, September 13, 2008

Thing #9 - Finding Feeds (Not for me!)

I used the search tool on Bloglines with term Hurrican Ike... loads of results of course. I guess I am wondering why I just wouldn't go to any search engine i.e Google News for this..? I found Bloglines confusing to use.. not very intuitive at all. I suscribe to PW Daily, USA Today Books and a few other book related e-mail alert listservs subscriptions .. and even though they do fill up my e-mail box, I prefer the reminder I receive in my e-mail box during my work day. (I do delete them every day.) I realize that I can set up notifications on Bloglines.. but I found it very confusing and I don't have the time to spare to explore. Also tried to add feeds from the Dispatch as recommended by discovery exercise, but kept getting error message. That's okay... I check the print copy of of the paper every day with my morning coffee! ;-)

No comments: